“Women are over mentored and under sponsored. Mentors are just a nice relationship. But a sponsor is the one who’s going to move the needle for you. We need more sponsors to ensure women are ready to be promoted to their next position.”
— Christina Townsend, Head of Platform Strategy for Advisor Solutions, BNY Mellon | Pershing
Diversity is one of the most important issues in our industry and one that does not get enough attention. This changed at the T3 Advisor 2020 Conference this year where they not only changed the conference policy to include a code of conduct, but there were two all female panels. This one was technology leaders from each of the big four custodians all talking about their firms efforts, problems and successes in and around diversity and inclusion.
The panel was made up of these industry leaders:
- Suzanne Siracuse, CEO and founder of Suzanne Siracuse Consulting Services
- Lisa Berman, Head of Platform Technology for Fidelity Institutional
- Dani Fava, Director of Innovation at TD Ameritrade Institutional
- Christina Townsend, Managing Director and Head of Platform Strategy for Advisor Solutions at BNY Mellon | Pershing
- Lauren Wilkinson, VP of Digital Advisor Solutions at Schwab Advisor Services
Now hit the Play button!
Click here to read the full transcript and listen to this episode.